Last updated: 14 August 2020
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Thumbnail Editor & Broonzer Network, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers. Your privacy matters to Thumbnail Editor & Broonzer Network so whether you are new to Thumbnail Editor or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a app that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Thumbnail Editor may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Thumbnail Editor Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Thumbnail Editor, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Thumbnail Editor Account.
When you use a location-enabled Thumbnail Editor service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Thumbnail Editor when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches and other data.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Thumbnail Editor and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Thumbnail Editor Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Thumbnail Editor Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Thumbnail Editor Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Thumbnail Editor Profile information, such as your name and photo etc.
When you contact Thumbnail Editor, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Thumbnail Editor services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know. We will not combine Double Click cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
Thumbnail Editor processes personal information on our servers.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Thumbnail Editor Account by using Thumbnail Editor Dashboard.
- View and edit your preferences about the ads shown to you on Thumbnail Editor and across the web, such as which categories might interest you, using Ads Settings. You can also opt out of certain Thumbnail Editor advertising services here.
- Use our editor to see and adjust how your Thumbnail Editor Profile appears to particular individuals.
- Control who you share information with.
- Take information out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be index able by search engines, including Thumbnail Editor. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Thumbnail Editor unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Thumbnail Editor when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Thumbnail Editor if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Thumbnail Editor, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Thumbnail Editor and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.